All You Should Now
Frequently Asked Questions
Errors related questions
Electronic Board hardware malfunction – please replace electronic head.
Internal solenoid valve malfunction – please replace electronic head.
Reset and activate the unit – without connecting the chuck to the air machine, the LCD display should read 32/0 for the entire vending time. If this is not the case, please replace the electronic head.
If the LCD display is showing “Err 4”, the pressure sensor is drifting – please replace electronic head.
Might be an open ended chuck, defective or wrong chuck, replace chuck.
Sensor malfunction – please reset the unit. If problem persist, replace the electronic head.
Coin acceptor is jammed or coin switch is damaged. Clear coin jam or replace coin switch or coin acceptor.
The air machine is not generating enough air pressure and flow to inflate the tire to the desired pressure. Please check for the following:
- Air leak due to bad chuck, coil hose, faulty check valve or electronic head pressure sensor tube.
- A bad electronic pressure relief valve.
- Bad input hoses, compressor fittings, mechanical relief valve (machines after March 2013) or inline filter (machines prior 2011).
- Bad Electronic head, solenoid valve or electronic board.
- Bad compressor filter or weak compressor.
Check buzzer wire connections on the electronic board points 1 and 2. If wiring connections are good, replace the buzzer inside of the electronic head.
Run quarters through the machine multiple times.
- If the unit misses one coin, replace the coin acceptor switch.
- Check the store breaker to make sure it is on
- Check the air machine’s breaker within the unit to make sure it is on
- Check power connections into the breaker from power source and from the breaker to the unit.
- If problem persist, contact our tech support.
The microprocessor is frozen – normally due to an electrical surge or short.
***CAUTION: ELECTRICAL HAZARD***
- The unit needs to be reset. Power down the air machine, wait 30 seconds and then power up the unit.
- If the problem persists, replace the electronic head.
- Make sure the pressure in the tire is not less than the set pressure (this is a common mistake with first-time users).
- If this is not the case, please check the output connections for leaks. The output hose consist of:
- Coil hose
- Elbow connection for coil hose
- Blue standard ¼” hose from head unit to Elbow connection
Note: The best way to check for an output leak is to turn the unit off and connect the chuck to a fully inflated tire. If there is a leak, you should be able to hear air escaping.
If problem persist, contact Excel Tech Support.